Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Visual Land Prestige 7 Android Tablet  (Read 2919 times)

nas6car

Topic Starter

Beginner

Visual Land Prestige 7 Android Tablet
    « on: July 27, 2014, 04:59:30 PM »
     >:(  Does a battery run down on a tablet when you have it turned off?  I just got the tablet above & charged it over night.  The next day I used it for 30 minutes and turned it off.  Then the next day, I tried to use it, but the battery was dead & would not come on.  It is my first tablet & was very annoyed that this happened.
    Thanks for any advise.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Visual Land Prestige 7 Android Tablet
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »
    What tablet ? ?
    They all have power reviews...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:30:52 PM »
    Hi

Here is a link to a review of your tablet http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/tablets/visual-land-prestige-7l.aspx

Tablets are something that you always get the value you pay for. I have a Google nexus tablet 7" the battery with the supplied chargers takes 2.5 hours to charge and the tablet then plays 6 to 8 hours of videos or 11 to 13 hours of internet. Depending on if i am just using blue tooth and no wireless, it is less when using wireless. There is some battery drain when in hibernation but if you switch it off the battery lasts for weeks.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:17:52 PM »
    Here is a quick observation.
    If you changed the battery per the instruction and the battery was not charged the next day, you may have a poor quality tablet. May I suggest you reconsider your choice and consider making an exchange with the vendor while;e you have time.

Here is a recent review of popular l tables.
    Top 10 Best Tablets Reviews Jul 2014

IMHO the above link  does not have enough detail.It looks like and ad fort Amazon.  Nevertheless, Amazon is a fair vendor. Still, I think you would do better going to a local vendor and see what return policy they have.

EDIT: Battery change an d discharge is often poor for many devices. Here is a link that I think is helpful.
    Battery Tips for Your Smartphone or Tablet
    One of the notable tips given is to NOT turn off your device. Let it take a nap with the WI-FI off and no apps running. They claim you consume more power by frequent on and off cycles.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:30:57 PM by Geek-9pm »

nas6car

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 07:41:34 AM »
      Thanks for all the information!  Will try them all.