Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Direct email account vs [email protected]  (Read 3845 times)

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Direct email account vs [email protected]
« on: August 08, 2014, 01:46:11 AM »
I'm trying to email myself a copy of lab results from my hospitals patient portal. It says:
  "Health records are sent via Direct, a secure email system used to transmit health information to participating organizations and individuals. You can only send health records to a Direct email address - normal email addresses from services like Gmail or Yahoo will not work. Contact your doctor's office to get their Direct email address so you can securely send them a copy of your records.

Your information will be sent to your doctor from a Methodist Healthcare Direct email address. Because this is a hospital-to-doctor communication, you will not receive a confirmation that the message was received or receive any replies to the message.

How do I find out if my ISP provides a direct email account or not?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Direct email account vs [email protected]
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 05:06:55 AM »
Call them...most ISP's do.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 07:30:11 AM »
I called my ISP and set up an email account but it looks to be similar to yahoo mail only it ends with .net instead of .com. I tried sending the secure hospital records email to this account which also failed. Same error message.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 08:04:50 AM »
Contact your doctor's office to get their Direct email address so you can securely send them a copy of your records.
That is the key step. Apparently, it will  stop spam  getting into the system.

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 08:43:04 AM »
Well, there are 2 options to recieve the documents available (1) secure direct email as I mentioned. and (2) .pdf download.
The pdf download has not been working since the system was installed which was only 1 year ago. Many of the hospital employees controlling the system are not real familiar yet with SOP.
I've been in contact with the company that runs the site and was told that corrective measures are being taken. I think it's time for me to call them back to expedite those corrective measures.
I need this information in a timely manner since I'm on treatment for end stage liver cirrhosis and must make changes promptly according to these lab results that I'm trying to recieve.
Thanks for the help guys!!!