Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't complete install on Lexmark X5650 printer  (Read 3247 times)

mike54

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Can't complete install on Lexmark X5650 printer
    « on: August 20, 2014, 07:05:19 PM »
    Hello. I have Windows 7 Home Premiem 64 bit. I have Lexmark X5650 printer. I had used the printer on my old XP machine with no problems. When I got the Windows 7, I didn't realize or think about a certain process for connecting the Lexmark & I just plugged it into the tower & then ran the install disc that came with it.

It worked OK, but I had to restart the PC every time I wanted to do a print job, or if there was more than 1 print job in the queue, I had to restart between every job to get it to print. Only other thing I had noticed was if you tried to cancel a job in the print queue, it would just say "deleting" & never do anything.

I decided that maybe a reinstall would resolve the issues. I deleted all Lexmark programs from uninstall programs & removed the Lexmark from devices & printers. I used the install disc again, not knowing I should start with the usb cable for the printer unconnected until the install process says to connect. I know better now.

My issue is that when I go thru the install process, when I get to the screen where it says to connect the usb cable now, I connect the cable, I hear the 2 sets of noises the PC makes when something is plugged into it, but the continue button on the install screen stays faded out & never goes to where I can click to continue with the installation to complete it.

I have gone to the Lexmark support site & have downloaded the correct driver for Windows 7 64 bit. I have uninstalled all Lexmark programs. I have tried shutting down both the pc & printer & unplugging from electricity, I have basically tried everything that I have found doing searches for this issue that seemed relevant to my specific issue. Any info I have found doesn't help. I haven't come across anything in my searches that was exactly my issue.

I just can't think that either the printer or pc suddenly broke in some way. The printer worked previously, although with the few issues I mentioned above, but at least I could print. My feelings are that this can be resolved, I just don't know how to do it.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert