Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found & no default driver  (Read 3905 times)

tim0701

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi,
    This is my first post on this forum.  I'm assuming this is a software issue and not hardware.  As per the forums guidelines I'm providing the following information:

HP Pavillion p6210y, AMD Athlon ll 620 quad core, 6g memory, 640 g HD, Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit, AVG anti virus, Advanced system care, Malwarebytes, Spybot search and destroy

I hope this provides enough information to help with my problem.  This is my issue

I attempted to use a software program the other day. The software creates charts that I would use for my business. I would enter my information into the software, based on what type of chart I would like to create. Then I would click on "create chart" when I do this I receive an error message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found & no default driver specified.

I've searched Google to no avail. I deleted the program using a uninstall program & reinstalled. I contacted the software company and emailed them a file they asked for. Still no luck.  I just searched this forum as well

Hopefully there is an easy fix for this. Can anyone help please.

Thanks

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    What program ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

tim0701

Topic Starter

Starter

It called Master Key Pro for creating master key programs.  I'm a locksmith

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      Do you have the Win7 update installed ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

tim0701

Topic Starter

Starter

I think so.  I have it set to automatically update.  Is there a way to find out.