Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound distortion when program opens  (Read 5096 times)

gavkin

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    sound distortion when program opens
    « on: October 04, 2014, 10:47:57 PM »
    When i open or swap a web page such as this site. my music program distorts.
    It seems to be more prominent when the pictures download. The curser flutters and stutters it means the loading program is draining power from the operating system. Is my processor too small or something else. It wasn't like this on my old system so i'm feeling pretty disappointed about my new purchase as my old lappy was nearly ten years old.
    It happens with both windows media and VLC. fire fox and Internet explorer.
    I have an Acer aspire E5-511 8 gig ram 1 T hard drive
    Intel(R) Pentium (R) cpn N3530@2159Mhz,4core X64

Any help would be greatly appreciated

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: sound distortion when program opens
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 05:37:59 AM »
    I'd look at what processes are running. If you have some application that is taxing the CPU hard then i can see that being an issue possibly. Also, This CPU in this system is not the worst that is out there.

I'd look at the power management features and make sure that the CPU is set to maximum processing power vs green mode. If its set to green mode to clock the cpu slower to stretch battery life you can have issues just like this. If the problem happens more when on battery power vs connected to outlet then its very likely that this is the problem.

I have a Netbook that runs on an Intel Atom processor which has the processing power of like a Pentium 4 - 2.53Ghz in comparison of systems. If I have my battery life set to the max by setting it to be as green as possible, the system has issues playing music videos through youtube etc. But if I set the power options to maximum performance I am then able to play videos with no problems including netflix streaming through it.

I have my netbook set up to maximum performance when on wall power and maximum performance until battery power reaches 30% in which it goes into green mode and I know I then need to get to an outlet to recharge it. I also have an optional mode to make it run green from 100% battery power down to 12% power in which it is set to shut itself down to get 10 hrs of battery life with computer on if need be.

gavkin

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 10:38:08 PM »
      checked all that but no luck i'm afraid Thanks for your responce.

lcrcron

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:15:21 AM »
        try to replace or update the sound driver

gavkin

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 03:42:54 AM »
          oh yeah baby. working i feel a little foolish but hey you got it THANK YOU! i was very upset about this. Question. why would  my new lappy have the driver installed already. Could it have been removed by my uploads.. Learning allways learning Thanks again.  Just tested again before i posted  :) ;) ;D :-*

gavkin

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
            disappiontment it did work but this morning i turned it on and back to normal _______________________Why so i did it again loaded drives all up to date but stillllllll. Please help.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:41:28 PM by patio »

gavkin

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »
              As the program opens my computer goes blurt... blarp... derrrrart....jerrrrkkkk! Just say'in.