Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: window keeps dimming and unable to carry on typing until i click back on window  (Read 3312 times)

minuti76000

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I'm having problems, when I'm on the internet or any page the window like
    dims at the top (where the minimize,Close buttons are) and I'm unable to type and i have to click back on the window to carry on typing, its as if there's something on the computer trying to access another program while I'm on a different program and its stopping me from using the program I'm on to access the one it's after and i haven't got a clue what it could be anyone got any suggestions?

and also i keep losing internet connection every 10-20 mins

i have the HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower running on windows 7 ultimate x86

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Have you performed a full scan for malware or virus's with a good Antivirus and Malwarebytes?

An annoyance program ( malware or gag program ) could be crafted to set window priority so that taking away the priority from where you are at with a window that is say far off in the corner off the screen from view etc.

My thoughts are that something like this is stealing the focus on you.

There are a bunch of programs out there that a friend could even add to your system to drive you crazy etc such as drunken mouse etc where you try to select stuff and it is not very cooperative etc. So if anyone else uses this system check with them to see if they are playing a gag on you etc.

If the Window you are in though fades and it says instead that the program is no longer responding then its a totally different issue than a gag program etc. Do you get any program is no longer responding issues?

minuti76000

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      yeah ive ran constant virus/malware scans and the results come up clear no viruses or malware and nobody else using the network in my house is playing a joke on my or anything like that i just dont know what it could be??

Have you performed a full scan for malware or virus's with a good Antivirus and Malwarebytes?

An annoyance program ( malware or gag program ) could be crafted to set window priority so that taking away the priority from where you are at with a window that is say far off in the corner off the screen from view etc.

My thoughts are that something like this is stealing the focus on you.

There are a bunch of programs out there that a friend could even add to your system to drive you crazy etc such as drunken mouse etc where you try to select stuff and it is not very cooperative etc. So if anyone else uses this system check with them to see if they are playing a gag on you etc.

If the Window you are in though fades and it says instead that the program is no longer responding then its a totally different issue than a gag program etc. Do you get any program is no longer responding issues?