Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Display Drivers Failed  (Read 6318 times)

Leighanne Phillips

Display Drivers Failed
« on: November 03, 2005, 11:34:06 AM »
HI, I keep getting a message on my screen saying the display drivers failed and i need to reboot, the screen goes large and only alows me to click on the "OK" button so i have to switch the computer off by the button as it wont allow me to click on start.
Ive ran anti virus, spybot etc, Defraged HD, System clean up/check but it still comes back.
Does anyone know a solution to this problem as its beginning to annoy me lol

TIA
Leigh

GX1_Man

Re: Display Drivers Failed
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 11:43:56 AM »
What make/model of machine? What video adapter? Do you have a driver disk to install appropriate drivers? What happened prior to all of this? Have you changed monitors? Does anyone else have access to this machine?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 11:46:00 AM by GX1_Man »

leighanne Phillips

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 11:49:12 AM »
Emachines 220/ Windows XP Home, havent got a clue about a video adapter, havent change anything recently, nothing happens I could be typing a letter, browsing the internet, downloading or burning a cd and it just appears. Its just my partner that has access.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 11:55:21 AM »
Can you go into Control Panel/System and double click on display adapter and see what is listed? Is there a yellow exclamation point by it?

You could also download Everest Home Edition (It's free at www.lavalys.com) to identify the video adapter so we can find the correct driver.

Can you also right click on the desktop and check on Properties/Settings and see what the resolution is set at? 640x480, 800 x 600, etc.

Then while there, if you click on Advanced, then Adapter it will show what Windows thinks you have.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 11:58:59 AM »
Is this a desktop or laptop? Is it a U.K. sold machine? I am having trouble locating that model number.

Leighanne Phillips

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 03:37:37 PM »
The 1st thing you asked me to do i cant seem to find the display adapter you told me to double click on.

1024 x 768 Pixels
medium 16 bit

Adapter type Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.

Reply to 2nd person its a desktop pc and yes its UK sold.

Leighanne Phillips

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 03:45:43 PM »
Just had a look in Device Manager and there is no ! or ? next to anything. I read somebody elses post so i had a quick look to see if i had any.

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 04:23:40 PM »
Here is a download link for that video driver. Just click on download and once it is on your computer double click on the file name to install it:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=865&DwnldID=9033&strOSs=45&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Home%20Edition&lang=eng
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 04:24:19 PM by GX1_Man »

Leighanne Phillips

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 11:42:24 AM »
Hi, i downloaded that file eventually, but still no hope the same thing is still happening i wrote it down this time before i rebooted this is what it said >THE IALMRNT5 DISPLAY DRIVER HAS STOPPED WORKING NORMALLY.
Please Help lol
TAIA

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 12:47:11 PM »
The display adapter may be shot on the motherboard and you will need to add a video card. Do you know if you have an AGP slot or only PCI slots?

Leighanne Phillips

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 06:22:49 AM »
no how do i find out?

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 03:27:26 PM »
Open it up. The PCI slots are white and there should be several. AGP slot if present will be darker color and nearer the processor.