Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox slow typing, jilting videos and scrolling. Tried everything. Help!  (Read 5309 times)

guibox

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hi everyone. I ended up resetting my Firefox to fix a problem (then unistalling and reinstalling), as well as removed my anti-virus problem. After I solved the initial problem, I had loads of viruses, malware and trojans. I used malwarebytes and Norton to take care of those problems.

However, my Firefox has never been the same. The typing and scrolling is jerky, the videos don't play without stuttering (yet Youtube videos play fine on it). I have tried resetting, about:config settings, changing hardware format. Disabled my add ons, enabled my add-ons. Nothing is working.

Anybody have ANY advice??

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Do you have another working computer. Another computer could verify that it is not the Internet connection.
    You are using XP. That puts you at a disadvantage. Is you connection wireless or Ethernet ? In some cases XP does not do well with wireless.

Are you familiar with Linux Live CDs? Such distros can boot and run without need to use hard drive space. They help diagnose hardware and software problems. If the browser works good with Linux, it may mean that Windows is having trouble. But it the problems are there even in Linux, it would means the hardware is failing.
    The link below suggest Ubuntu for this.
    Diagnose PC Hardware Problems with an Ubuntu Live 

guibox

Topic Starter

Starter

Everything is fine using Chrome and everything else with my computer works fine. It seems to be just Firefox that I'm getting these problems and it was always working fine before this incident.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      OK. So it was only the browser.
      You can get a fresh copy from Mozilla.org
      https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Mark333

Re: Firefox slow typing, jilting videos and scrolling. Tried everything. Help!
        « Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 08:16:16 AM »
        why not use Chrome?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 08:29:52 AM »
        We try to fix issues here...not simply suggest switching browsers...
        If you had a Windows issue would you like it if we simply stated use Linux ? ?
        Think about it.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 10:05:54 PM »
        Have you considered running adwcleaner so as to remove certain addons/toolbars instead of disabling them? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 10:44:56 PM »
        In Firefox you can remove add-ons  and plug-ins you do not want.
        Aldo you can download a earlier version of Firefox to see if that helps.