Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: the VGA to RCA and Vice Versa....  (Read 3269 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
the VGA to RCA and Vice Versa....
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:09:35 AM »
Greetings CH!

I recently moved into a new building and do not own a Television. I still had my Old Original XBOX which i know works perfectly fine because i was playing some good old Forza motorsport the other day when still at my parents. So i decided i should try and get this XBox working on a VGA monitor.

So i bought this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PC-VGA-to-AV-RCA-TV-Monitor-S-video-Signal-Adapter-Converter-Switch-Box-CR-/281418924395?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Now i know it says VGA to RCA and when i connected my macbook to the Tv the colors where in back and white and color was horrible. But i cannot for the love of God get it to connect my XBox from RCA to my Computer monitor to VGA. ive seen videos on youtube with people acomplishing this. why cant i?

Is this device defective or can it just not do RCA to VGA? i cant tell. ive contacted the seller last night but still no avail.

Let me know thanks

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: the VGA to RCA and Vice Versa....
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 11:28:29 AM »
As you said, it's "VGA to AV", what you need is an "AV to VGA" converter.  These devices are usually one way only unless you explicitly buy one that supports both.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »
Thats just it. Ive been looking at similar ones on Ebay and they dont really give that much info.. This one specifically shows to the tv. but it was just a terrible connection..

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 02:28:49 PM »
The device you have needs to be setup properly. When the colors are bad, you have the wrong setting.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:47:03 PM »
I tried playing with the settings and went from Black and white to color but the color was really pinkish. It was a joke.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 02:07:34 AM »
From eBay:
Introductions:

This HD adapter converts a VGA signal into an S-Video or RCA signal to your TV. It is great for presentations, web-browsing, PC online games, pictures, movies, etc.

Features:
VGA to composite video/S-video converter: PC to TV converter.
One-input of VGA signals, one output of VGA signals.

One output of Video, one output of S Video.

One ACPI of 5V
Resolutions of VGA signals: 640*480, 800 * 600, 1024*768, 1280*1024 (up to 85Hz), 1920 * 1080; 1600*1200, 2560 * 1600 (cover the all VGA resolution less than WQXGA).

At the same time, output the VGA Video S-Video signals.

Show simultaneously pictures on the monitor and TV.

Support the systems below: The TV systems of NTSC (Taiwan and USA), NTSC-EIAJ (Japan), PAL (Euro, China), PAL-M (Brazil), and PAL-N (Uruguay Paraguay).

Support the OVERSCAN and UNDERSCAN display mode.
Convenient to carry because it is light, thin, short and small.
A number of vendors sell these.  I got one and it took me over week to understand it. But I am slow to learn. Whatever you do, do not select Chinese as the language.
In the USA and other areas you must use NTSC. Most of Europe is PAL.