Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Website Passwords  (Read 3244 times)

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Website Passwords
    « on: January 28, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »
    I thought I saved a password for a website in IE (11?) but when I went to log on to that page the password wasn't there. I couldn't figure out how make it appear since it's supposed to be saved.
    Thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Website Passwords
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 03:04:17 PM »
    Here is an article about how to manage passwords in IE.
    (PC mag July 2014)
    Manage Saved IE Passwords
    When you enter a user name and password, Internet Explorer may ask if you want it to remember the password. Click on Yes and it will automatically fill in the password next time you enter that user name.
    However, some websites may have code that interferes with that feature. This might be the same thing that was reported by Mozilla for Firefox.
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=355063
    s
    By default Firefox does not record login info for windows live mail.  But a bookmarklet (http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password) strips the necessary attributes from the login page and enables Firefox to memorize the login info.  Version 1.5.0.7 then fills out the login form on subsequent visits, but 2.0 rc1 does not, even though the password manager lists the user name and password.
    Myself, I use a belt and suspenders method. I use a password add in and I also have a keyboard macro program resident. If the browser does not remember the password, I invoke the keyboard macros list and find in in a list of items.
    You can search Google for:
    keyboard macro program
    and get results like this:
    https://support.microsoft.com/kb/237179/en-us
    Hope that is some help.   :)

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »
      Geek-9pm

Thanks for the info, I'll have to take a close look at this. I only have two website passwords saved, one works, the other doesn't. The one that doesn't is for my bank, maybe that has something to do with it.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 03:46:12 PM »
      Geek-9pm

Thanks for the info, I'll have to take a close look at this. I only have two website passwords saved, one works, the other doesn't. The one that doesn't is for my bank, maybe that has something to do with it.
      Right! I can't get into my back account either! But I am glad that they are on on top of the risks involved. I am going to call them and fix my account.