Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer makes clicking noise when NOT loading  (Read 2689 times)

Otte4

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer makes clicking noise when NOT loading
    « on: March 04, 2015, 01:49:45 PM »
    My computer (an Asus) makes a repetitive clicking noise when it is not loading something such as netflix, youtube, antivirus check and so on. When a video is done loading or whatever it starts making the noise shortly afterwards. It starts clicking almost immediately when using Office programs, Spotify ect.
    It begins about five minutes after I have turned on the computer if I do not access the internet and 15 minutes if I do.
    My computer has always made the sound (almost 2 years) and I have sent it to be repaired once - they changed the hard drive, but it did not make a difference

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? It is really annoying to have a computer that sounds like a ticking bomb!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Computer makes clicking noise when NOT loading
    « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:56:20 PM »
    Sounds like the "clik of death"...your HDD is failing...
    Backup all you need immediately and quit using it til that's taken care of.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Otte4

Topic Starter

Re: Computer makes clicking noise when NOT loading
      « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 07:21:30 AM »
      But it has been a problem for almost two years - ever since I bought it, the harddrive has been changed, but the noise is still there? Nothing seems to be wrong with the computer other than the noise.