Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor screen delay  (Read 3956 times)

tmonk

monitor screen delay
« on: July 25, 2004, 01:18:49 PM »
I installed new video card in my Compaq Win ME pc and a new monitor. The picture is great ..........  exceeeeeeeept.......... when I go from one screen image to the next there is a long delay with a black screen (like a long blink) before the new screen image comes up. Maybe about 2 seconds. Also, when I use the scroll on the mouse there is a delay with a black screen until the screen image refreshes again. Any suggestions? Please help!!! Am a grandma of 2 and NO pc techie..... so please not to complicated... :-[

merlin_2

Re: monitor screen delay
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 03:20:03 PM »
have tried altering the refresh mode ...right-click desktop with the right-click of your mouse properties settings  advanced button click -it adapter tab click ...refresh ... chose optimal.maybe 75mhz. or try the performance tab ...hardware accelarater slider .or try updating graphics drivers...also the new monitor came with drivers did you load these...........are you on high colour 16bit...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 03:21:16 PM by merlin_2 »