Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 7, harddrive partition issues  (Read 3057 times)

rollertycoon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    windows 7, harddrive partition issues
    « on: May 30, 2015, 02:47:05 AM »
    first off i apologize if this is in the wrong place or if i missed a forum already on this, i didnt see anything on partitions.

now to the matter at hand. i know how to partition my hard drive generally with windows 7, which is what i am using, but i have recently put a new motherboard and processor in my computer. this has made me have to re-install windows 7. it seems that all of my old partitions are now gone. i didn't think much of this i just went ahead and looked into reallocating them. but when i try to re-partition them it will not let me do this. the option to create a partition for these unallocated slots is not appearing. if there is any advice you could give me it will be much appreciated,in the mean time i will be looking into it myself

thank you in advance

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: windows 7, harddrive partition issues
    « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 03:14:12 AM »
    Reinstalling the OS does not effect existing partitions unless you intentionally deleted the partitions during the installation process. You need to explain the situation in more detail please.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 12:37:33 PM »
    it seems that all of my old partitions are now gone. i didn't think much of this i just went ahead and looked into reallocating them. but when i try to re-partition them it will not let me do this. the option to create a partition for these unallocated slots is not appearing.
    Can' make much sense of this; it really needs some clarification.  You say your old partitions are gone but then you seem to say you went ahead and tried to work with them; your comments seem contradictory.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 05:15:12 PM »
    IE...i screwed the pooch on my new install...what now ? ?

Seperate partitions only get wonked by User error...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "