Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2nd monitor stopped working  (Read 2123 times)

Torioz

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    2nd monitor stopped working
    « on: July 21, 2015, 06:56:12 PM »
    I turned on my computer today and the first thing that happened was a notification telling me that my amd graphics card could be updated. During downloading, I restarted my computer. When my computer restarted I went through troubleshooting and it reinstalled what needed to be. Now my 2nd monitor doesn't work. When I go to screen resolution, I can see that my main monitor and my 2nd monitor are detected, but when I try to "extend the desktop to the display" and hit accept, it will always go back to disconnect this display. Does anybody have a solution to my problem? Also both my monitors are connected to one graphics card. I don't know if this matters but my 2nd monitor is a Hyundai L90D and my main is a HP S2031.

I ran a troubleshoot and it says Microsoft Teredo Adapter #2 is not working. Everytime i let troubleshoot try its solution of installing w/e is needs to, it fails. I don't know if this has an effect. Troubleshooting also found a problem with my PnP device (which is my Hyundai L90D monitor i assume), but that's all it says.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: 2nd monitor stopped working
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
    Was this an official AMD update or one from Microsoft?

I'd reinstall the driver manually through AMD's site for your video card. By the way which video card is this exactly and what OS as well?