Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't load Firefox  (Read 3471 times)

dave wright

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    can't load Firefox
    « on: October 08, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »
    I recently did a system restore to fix a problem and Firefox wouldn't load from the desktop shortcut - it says it's invalid- can't find. It is c:\Program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe which seems right. I can't find a Firefox.exe folder in Mozilla folder though (except in a text file). It won't load from all programs or run either. I have an Intel D845gvsr motherboard XP OS 512mb RAM computer. Is there an easy fix? I have a slow dial-up connection and it would take a long time to download Firefox again. Another option would be to restore again with an older restore point if that would help but I would really like to learn how to fix this. thanks

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: can't load Firefox
    « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 08:07:07 PM »
    Try following the path you posted in search...then rite clik that .exe and create a shortcut to it...name it different so you know which is which...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

dave wright

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:42:50 PM »
      Quick response! Tried that path - first it said no results found and then it said Mozilla Firefox is not a valid folder. If I've lost the Firefox.exe folder can I replace it somehow?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 08:56:10 PM »
      Best bet is to re-install it...regards to your connection ask a friend to grab it and put it on a USB stik or CD...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

dave wright

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:04:53 PM »
        Will do. Sure wish I knew what the *censored* happened though. I've heard Firefox is going to be more like Chrome. If so I may just drop it. thanks again