Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Advice on my build #2  (Read 2475 times)

pk1n94l1v3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Advice on my build #2
    « on: October 17, 2015, 08:56:37 AM »
    Hey guys, I've made a list of components I'll need to build my very first pc :) (These will be listed at the bottom of my post)

I'm not sure about the videocard I'll be using, I'm thinking about the MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GD5 - 2GB - PCI-E (I've seen benchmarks of this running GTA V 1080p around 60FPS)
    or the AMD Radeon R9 270 which seems to be about the same in price/performance, but is not available on the site I'm buying my parts. (www.paradigit.be)
    I'm also a little worried that I will be needing atleast 3GB VRAM instead of the 2GB those will give me, is this an issue?

I don't want to be spending more than 200 Euro's on the videocard and will be playing games that won't ask much from my pc (mainly League of Legends and watching 1080p 60FPS videos.)
    However, I AM trying to build a computer that will run games such as GTA V, Battlefield 4, Far Cry 4 so that if I ever do end up buying new games to play(which most likely will be less heavy than the games mentioned), I won't have to worry too much about my pc not being able to run them.

Question 1: Is there a better videocard for under 200 Euro's (Including send costs) than the ones I mentioned? If not which one should I pick?
    Question 2: Are the components all compatible? Will I not run into any issues while building?

Components:
    AMD FX 6300 Black Edition - 3.5GHz - Socket AM3+

MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GD5 - 2GB - PCI-E (Most likely)

Seagate - 1TB - Desktop

MSI 970A-G43 - Socket AM3+ - ATX

Kingston HyperX FURY Blue 8GB - PC3-12800 - DIMM

ASUS VS247HR - 23,6"

Cooler Master B500 V2 - 500 Watt

Cooler Master N400

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit, OEM

I've made a similar post before: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152329.0.html

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Advice on my build #2
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 10:51:33 AM »
    My suggestion is to avoid MSI products and go with a different trusted brand like Gigabyte, ASUS, EVGA. Additionally I wouldnt go with that brand "Cooler Master" power supply for a build like this. Corsair, EVGA, or some other better quality brand power supply of the same wattage should be fine.

pk1n94l1v3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 11:23:49 AM »
      Thanks for the reply!

Can you show me a €60 motherboard that would be fine?
      And any suggestions for GPU under €170?
      I don't know what brands are good or bad, the .Be site I'm searching on for a power supply only had Antec, Cooler Master, FSP Fortron, Seasonic.

I've also calculated my parts will take about 370 Watt, so 450-550 would be good? (I don't want random power outages or anything, that's why I'm going about 100-200 above what I need.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »
      Out of those PSU brands, Seasonic would be the best by far.  450-500w is more than enough.

pk1n94l1v3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 11:42:54 AM »
        The best bet would be the Seasonic S12II-520 - 520 Watt then, they don't seem to have anything 450W-500W.

Anyone suggestions for GPU and Motherboard?