Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Upgrades ?  (Read 2001 times)

Jaspertxt

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    PC Upgrades ?
    « on: November 17, 2015, 02:38:08 AM »
    I have never upgraded a computer in my life, I have no knowledge of what exactly I'd need to upgrade. My computer is only about 4/5 years old, my grandparents allowed children to freely play on it and since then it has become extremely slow. I am an avid gamer and would like to upgrade my PC into a gaming computer. I wanted to ask what would be the basic upgrades needed and how much that'd cost or should I just buy a whole new computer? I will have to put my computers make and model later as it is extremely late. If this isn't enough detail please tell me what I need to tell you.

mektek

Hopeful
    • Witty comment to be advised
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: PC Upgrades ?
      « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »
      We will need your computer spec to know if it is upgradeable. It may already be running at it's top specification. (i.e. it has the most memory it can have.)

Before I tried that though I would clean off any software that the children playing on it may have installed. This alone could speed it up.

Does it also have an up to date Anti Virus Program on and have you scanned the computer with it recently?
      Tiggered - adj : It's been tiggered
      A computer that was working until tinkering broke it