Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot Uninstall CyberLink Media Suite Essentials  (Read 7919 times)

jmvoya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Cannot Uninstall CyberLink Media Suite Essentials
    « on: November 25, 2015, 10:50:00 PM »
    On the "Uninstall or Change a Program" page it says thatCyberLink Media Suite Essentials v. 10 was installed on 8/15/2015 and I vaguely remember it being offered by Windows 10 so I thought I would try it.  It isn't causing any problems that I can tell but I noticed that it's size is 1.16 GB rather than the 1.16 MB it should be.  When I try to uninstall it in the usual way, it just keeps adding apps on the task bar saying it is uninstalling but it isn't.  It will keep on adding the apps forever, apparently, and the only way to stop it is to turn off my computer.

I have researched how to uninstall it and saw that this is a fairly common problem but I can't get any good info on how to fix it.  Revo Uninstaller Pro didn't work for other people who tried it.  Suggestions for how to remove it are all provided by sites trying to sell their uninstallers so I don't trust the info.  They do not get good ratings for safety.

Does anyone have some helpful info on this problem, please?

jmvoya

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Cannot Uninstall CyberLink Media Suite Essentials
      « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 01:20:31 AM »
      Just thought I would let everyone know that I seem to have stumbled onto a way to uninstall CyberLink Media Suite Essentials. 

When the app for the first component of the program started to multiply itself in the system tray, I right clicked and closed the windows of both apps.  I thought it would stop the uninstall but instead it moved on to the next component.  I did the same thing with that one and all the subsequent components until it finally said that the program had been uninstalled.  It doesn't show up on the Uninstall Program page any more so, hopefully, it's gone and not just hiding.

I did notice then that my Photoshop said it's size was 2.59 GB which also seemed much to big so I uninstalled it, too.  I thought there might be a virus that just moved on to another program each time I deleted the problem one but now everything seems fine.  I'll reinstall Photoshop later.

Hope this is helpful to others.

jmvoya

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:07:46 AM »
         ::)  Well, I guess it was hiding because it's back today.  I'm going to try uninstalling the components one at a time.  I doubt that it will work, though.

jmvoya

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 03:11:54 PM »
          UPDATE:  Well, it turns out that my technique did work on my laptop.  The program has not returned. 

What I wrote above, was about my desktop where it did return the next day.  I have been removing one component each day (there are 5 components) with success so far.  The size is down to 71.0 MB.  Tomorrow I'll remove the last component and give it a few days and report back.

I've refined my uninstalling technique.  Here's how to do it:

- Select one component on the wizard and run as usual.

- When the app in the tray replicates itself, immediately start right-clicking and closing that second app and any others that pop up. 
             Keep doing this until they disappear. 
             Some of them are "install" apps which, apparently, reinstall the program while it is uninstalling. 
             You have to keep them from completing.

- Eventually you will get a message saying that the component has been uninstalled and the size of the program should be reduced.

jmvoya

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 12:48:16 PM »
            UPDATE:  My laptop is still free of CyberLink Media Suite Essentials

My desktop is not quite free.  The CyberLink LabelPrint 2.5 component is definitely the one causing all the problems.  I was able to uninstall everything else but, no matter what I do, I can't get the label maker to uninstall because it just keeps reinstalling itself.  I have a feeling that, if I let it complete, it would reinstall the whole suite again.

The size is now 71 MB which is much better than the original 1.16 GB.  I guess I'll just have to live with that until a solution can be found.