Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Assistance Understanding Specifications of games compared to my hardware  (Read 4290 times)

BlackMist187

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hello Everyone,

This is a hardware and Video game related question. I viewed it more of the gaming forum item so here it is.

I am working on recording content on some PC games. I have chosen MechWarrior Online and HurtWorld. I run a recording software on then windows 7 and now Windows 10 OS of Elegato HD.

In my attempts to record video of my gameplay, both games are heavily unplayable. Hurt world far more than MechWarrior even on its lowest settings. MechWarrior was not as poor but still clearly almost impossible to play. I noticed my Processor was running roughly 45-50% from just the Elegato alone. (Task Manager)

I viewed my Hardware specs and compared them to the minimum-recommended specs for both games and I even ran comparisons to the Procs and Video Cards and I was either right along with the recommended or better and always far better than the Minimum. Can anyone assist me in understanding why I was failing to run Hurt World at all and Barely Mech Warrior with what appears to be a very fair hardware setup?

My Setup is Wndows 7 - Elegato HD running in the background -  I-7 -4700MQ CPU at 2.4ghz, 32GB of ram PC3-12800, GeForce GTX 770M - Minimal background services - Toshiba X70-A Laptop with 225gb SSD for OS Ops and a 1 TB HDD that is for everything else.

Changes I have made but did not test against - Windows 10 Upgrade, updated video related drivers (Was on update behind) Updated Windows (Appeared mostly defender and window 10 related) I updated Elegato (One update behind) I also tested with Elegato not running, only on Mech Warrior and the game was still pretty unreasonable. All settings moved to the lowest possible in the game during initial testing (Which almost made it worthless to play anyway visually speaking)

Min/Max settings for Mech Warrior Online -Vista/Win 7, Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66/Core I5-3470 @3.20, 2GB/8GB Ram, NVIDIA 8800 GT/GeForce GTX 660

Min/Max Settings for HurtWorld - Win XP/Win 7, 2GHZ/3GHZ Proc, 4gb/8gb Ram, GeForce 460/GeForce 660

Pulled the info on the games from the sites on the games.

I apologize if I missed important information, I googled how to gather most of it.

My comparisons across the web made it appear my laptop should be able to keep up at Medium settings, possible Med-High and at bare minimum Low settings. I can't afford a new $3k computer to provide new content for my viewers right now but was hoping maybe someone can explain if I am misunderstanding hardware for these games or doing something wrong?

Thank you for your time. Ask anything and I will figure out how to get the info for you here.