Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Transfering data from internet to excel  (Read 2845 times)

slambos2500

Topic Starter

Rookie

Transfering data from internet to excel
    « on: December 21, 2015, 02:44:21 PM »

Hi

1. Is the a way to have a web page and excel spread opened at the same time on the same screen?.

2.I would like to Be able to get information from the web page and post it to the spread sheet while both are opened.

I don't know if it can be done. I thought I would ask.

Thank You

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Transfering data from internet to excel
    « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 03:11:10 PM »
    If you have both opened with sized windows you could potentially have excel using 1/2 the screen and the web browser using the other half. Transfer from one to the other you can manually copy/paste info across unless the content is protected from copy/paste or an image form where numbers are actually an image vs ascii.

Anything like this for large amounts of data, you either would program a keyboard/mouse macro to run through redundant process such as using jitbit Macro recorder or another macro creation software or you can write a C# program for example that parses a website for information and passes that information such as comma delimited to a CSV file to be opened in excel later as a raw data import.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:53:44 PM »
    If you're using Windows 7, becoming familiar with the Snap feature might be quite helpful to you.  It's an easy way to place open two windows side-by-side, with each using half of the monitor screen.  For some a video on using Snap, see https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=using+snap+in+windows+7&view=detail&&mid=18F44DB5E3DC6886D51718F44DB5E3DC6886D517&rvsmid=18F44DB5E3DC6886D51718F44DB5E3DC6886D517&fsscr=0 or do a search on using snap in windows 7 for more. 

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 09:23:51 PM »
    Correction: It's an easy way to place open two windows side-by-side ...     Or: It's an easy way to place open two windows side-by-side ...