Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Partition Not Using Full Size  (Read 2212 times)

L00K3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Expert
    Partition Not Using Full Size
    « on: January 31, 2016, 12:21:08 AM »
    I have a 128GB partition on a hard drive for running the new Remix OS released earlier this month but only 17.1GB has been allocated and 110GB has been left unallocated, how can I force the partition to allocate this space and if I have to reformat the partition will a partition image restore effect the allocation.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Partition Not Using Full Size
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 05:52:05 AM »
    Pushing an image to a drive, depending on what image tool your using, most will push an image to a drive maintaining the original partition dimensions of targeted partitions when image was created.

Guessing your talking about the Remix OS x86 PC version .... pretty sure this is based off of Linux, but not finding much info on which flavor of Linux was used for the core kernel etc.

Most installers these days give option to set the dimensions of the install. Does the install process prompt you to give you control over this?

L00K3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Partition Not Using Full Size
      « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 03:15:40 AM »
      Sorry I haven't replied but fixed it by finding a solution to use NTFS by installing another Android image to the partition then replacing certain files, btw the flavor is based off Android.