Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i need help in ASSEMBLING  a new computer  (Read 2225 times)

Jai Javier

i need help in ASSEMBLING  a new computer
« on: November 22, 2005, 03:05:32 AM »
 ???
I am actually planning to buy or assemble my own computer..doesnt have any background in troubleshooting..
Some says it'll be better for me to assemble my own computer cause it'll be less expensive.. I would like to try the challenge of assembling my own CPU but to start i do not know on what would be the setting or what processor or HD or anything that should be in the CPU,..how strong or how fast it should be..

I would like to use a Pentium 4..

what would be the noce parts?
Hope someone could help me in this one:

Processor:
Motherboard:
Memory:
Hard Drive:
Video:
Sound Card:
Modem:
Floppy Drive:

and any other things that I need..

I'd like to be able to install some games in my computer as well..cause i think that there should be a coordination of the memory or the hard drive or the memory in the set-up of the CPU but I dont know...

HJope you guys can give me several suggestions..
thanks a lot... ???

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: i need help in ASSEMBLING  a new computer
    « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 03:49:34 AM »
    Look at this link, It would be to much of a long reply to tell you how to build a computer.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1444

Depends what you want, Like socket A cpu for example will work with a socket A motherboard...ect But if you really no nothing at all, you might run into other problems that will end up costing you even more then if you had it built in the first place.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 11:18:38 AM by Frankie »

Gustaaf

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 06:41:03 AM »
    Well, buying a DELL or prefab pc is going to be a lot cheaper then you making it.

You need an intimite knowledge of hardware, before going down the road of of Build-It-Yourself.

Buying the wrong parts are the first mistake for beginners.

Waranty is limited for "over the counter" hardware. So is the service from the vendor who will sell it to you.

Best just stay clear of DIY jobs or ask some else to do it within a given budget.

Jai Javier

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 09:22:47 PM »
     ;)ok..thanks... ill do that..ill study that...