Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue screen crash now can only startup by using Memory Diagnostics Tool  (Read 3404 times)

mrfesh

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    My computer is a watercooled desktop Asus 95 pro, 4690k, 16 gb (2x 8)corsair ram computer, 1 tb seagate sshd, that had in it a gtx 670 (although removing it didn't help). Running windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Had a Blue screen crash and it said that either hardware or software had misfired and that i needed to restart. Will post, but upon getting to the windows startup, gets a colored line and auto powers down. Going into bios (i had made a repair disk) and when running the memory diagnostics tool it opened up windows seemingly good as new, giving the issue that it couldn't find mdi164.dll out of the temp folder for start up. Tried several things including iobit's free malware removal etc...no help. The memory diagnostics test says its fine. What could it be? ??? Also for the longest time also had a annoying rundll32 pop up on my computer that i never bothered fixing.

Also on one test found the folowing but again no idea what it means: unknown bugcheck d1 0xfffff8a001f2c010 etc...0x490

Wondering if any way to fix windows startup? I would really really appreciate it if anyone could help. Couldn't have happened at a worse time!