Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluetooth stopped connecting  (Read 3506 times)

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Bluetooth stopped connecting
    « on: April 09, 2016, 08:51:56 AM »
    My Bluetooth connection to a speaker was OK but then it stopped and I have not been able to re-connect. The computer detects the speaker but pairing goes on endlessly without completing. I tried updating all the Bluetooth drivers but they were reported as the best available. I saw that the checkbox for 'Bluetooth will be allowed to find the PC' kept becoming unchecked, and that 'Bluetooth devices will see this PC' had a yellow triangle against it.

I also tried connecting my Windows phone to the speaker, which worked fine, so it seems to be an issue with the PC. In Properties it is reported that  'additional installation is required' --- what is that and how is it done?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Bluetooth stopped connecting
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »
    Where are you getting these drivers from ? ?...Yellow triangle usually indicates bad/wrong driver...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 05:17:35 AM »
      Hello

The Bluetooth drivers are (as far as I am aware) provided by Microsoft as part of (recently re-installed) Windows 10

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 07:14:00 AM »
      You need the drivers from the PC manuf. site...especially if it's a laptop.

Jack_Daniels

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 03:25:55 AM »
        When my bluetooth stopped connecting, I've restarted the computer and all was ok then

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 04:59:30 AM »
          Update.   I tried again today to pair my speaker, with no success and with  popup error messages BUT have just taken delivery of a Bluetooth mouse (for my wife). It paired and is working fine! I am using it now.What do we make of that? I have another, identical Bluetooth speaker I so am going to charge it up and see if that pairs OK. Will report.

I have not had any success with getting drivers from the manufacturer of my Quantum View 2-in-1 Tablet.

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 11:08:08 AM »
            Both speakers are behaving much the same. Eventually they pair and then connect, but the sound still comes from the computer, not the speaker.

The mouse is still working, but not reliably. I keeps stopping. Sometimes repeatedly clicking buttons gets it going again, but if not restarting the computer usually works,

I note that the update we have just had installed some improvements for Bluetooth --- the ddo not seem to have helped.

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 12:58:35 PM »
              Bluetooth is still failing with speakers and the mouse (intermittant) but there is some further development. I had the same problems trying to pair / connect to my Windows phone and there seemed to be a new procedure I had not seen before. There is a popup window asking me to check if a passcode being displayed was the same on my phone. It was, but time after time it was reported as wrong and to try again. Eventually the phone paired, though not the mouse and speakers. I also read there is a new procedure for transferring files on Windows 10 (accessing a menu by clicking on the Bluetooth icon displayed in the tray). This worked, for file transfer.

What that shows is that Bluetooth is not completely bust on my system, even though it does not help with the mouse and speakers. But if this situation continues it means that Bluetooth is largely useless. 

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 06:06:52 AM »
                I have now bought a USB Bluetooth dongle (Cambridge Silicon Radio) as suggested to me.

It is not working. It shows up with a yellow triangle and report 'This device cannot start' Code 10. In Events I get 'further installation is required.'  Meaning what? The Bluetooth service continues to be unsatisfactory, the Bluetooth speakers still do not work.

Can anyone advise me on this, and in particular how I might get the new dongle to work as I had hoped?

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 07:03:16 AM »
                Code 10 indicates a hardware failure...eitheir the dongle...or the device.