Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installing Device Drivers  (Read 13336 times)

jester333

Installing Device Drivers
« on: July 28, 2004, 07:19:56 PM »
Hello all,

My brother was having problems with his computer and had the harddrive wiped clean.  Upon reinstalling Windows 98 and other software he found he was unable to get on to the internet.  After checking the Device Manager I found that the drivers are missing for the ethernet.  This particular computer has no cards installed on the motherboard whatsoever.  So how do I go about finding the drivers for this device? ???

Pleeeeease Help.

Rob

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Installing Device Drivers
    « Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 08:29:24 PM »
    jester333.....So the ethernet is on board. When you look at the device manager....doesnt it tell you what kind of ethernet adapter is there .......Then go to .......
    http://members.driverguide.com/ums/index.php?action=l&ac=1091067993v828290     log in using "driver" as your username and "all" as password.......then go to the network adapters and find yours and D/L the latest driver onto a floppy disk and install it in your computer.
    ( you will have to use another p/c to do this as you cant get online with yours).

Good Luck

dl65  ???
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 08:30:02 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

Re: Installing Device Drivers
    « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 04:49:18 AM »
    I suggest you find the name of the mainboard its manufacturer and download the mainboard/onboard periphal drivers from them.