Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Do I Need More Than Kaspersky Total Security?  (Read 3628 times)

02bin3

Do I Need More Than Kaspersky Total Security?
« on: May 12, 2016, 06:44:58 AM »
I have Norton Antivirus, Malwarebytes, ccleaner & Spyware Blaster on my Windows 7 Pro desktop computer, but, on my new Lenovo laptop I installed Kaspersky Total Security and even though it says "Total", I don't know if I should have any of the other malware programs that I have on the desktop installed on the laptop? 
Thank you

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Do I Need More Than Kaspersky Total Security?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 07:01:33 AM »
1) Kaspersky is, in my opinion one of the top av options (I've been using it on all of my systems for many years). I only use KAV, but Total Security is an excellent choice!

2) In addition to Kaspersky you should do a manual scan with MalwareBytes every once in a while (once a month, anyway).

3) It's a good idea to have SpywareBlaster and manually updated it every week or so.

4) ccleaner is not  a malware utility.

5) I also use WinPatrol - but that's a personal choice.

More important than any of the above is "smart computing": Don't visit "questionable" websites, don't download anything unless you are certain it is safe, ditto opening email attachments, don't let anyone else use your account or the admin account on your computer, etc.

02bin3

Re: Do I Need More Than Kaspersky Total Security?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 07:40:12 AM »
Thank you, Allan.  I just didn't know if those other programs were necessary or if they would conflict with Kaspersky.  Generally, I run all 3 every night before I shut down my computer, and ccleaner about once a month.  I am paranoid about viruses and malware.