Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptops updated to Windows 10 and now scrolling doesn't work on either of them.  (Read 5496 times)

Bookie

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Updated HP Pavillion HDX and Acer Aspire 6935 to Windows 10 and scrolling doesn't work. Both computers are 'old' but work perfectly as well as being deemed suitable for Windows 10 but a real pain without scrolling. Neither manufacturer have drivers for Windows 10 for these models. Pad works fine, just the scrolling not working. Any ideas?

lectrocrew

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • My first self-built computer
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    I have the same problem with my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop. I've tried installing drivers for different Dell Inspiron models that are Windows 10 supported with no success. I've even tried installing drivers intended for different brand (eg Lenovo, HP, etc.), Windows 10 supported laptops with no success. If you find a solution please let me know so I can try it on my machine.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Experience: Expert
    There is an option to roll back the update and restore your computer to its previous state.
    You can find more info in a Google search.
    To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.” You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows instal.l

lectrocrew

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
    I don't want to rollback / restore my computer to Win 7. I want to run Win 10 but the mouse driver available from Dell was originally intended to use with Win Vista (the original OS  of this computer from the factory) won't install with Windows 10. See attachment:

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Contact Dell and see if they have authored Win 10 drivers...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

lectrocrew

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
    I found one. This driver works fine. It's intended for Windows XP, Vista and 7 but it installed on my PC running Win 10 and the scroll function works fine.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=R311554