Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with a partitioned hard drive...  (Read 2251 times)

tspirtle

Help with a partitioned hard drive...
« on: November 25, 2005, 11:02:11 AM »
I was trying to dual-boot XP and Ubuntu. I've never tried to dual-boot before, so I didnt know what I was doing. I used Partition Magic to partition a 5Gb section out of my 120Gb WD HDD. After it partitioned, everything went fine. I rebooted and loaded XP up, and everything worked. Then, I restarted so I could install Ubuntu.

I booted from the install CD, and everything went fine up until the "Partition" part of the installation. I thought since I hard already partitioned it I wouldnt need to do anything here. It wouldnt let me just select the partitioned section (Which I had labeled as drive "U'). I tried a bunch of diff things to get it workin, but nothin did. Finally, I just gave up, and decided to abort the installation. I aborted, and then rebooted the computer. As it was loading, right before the XP boot loading screen came up, I got this message:

Pre-boot eXecution Environment
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PEE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM

Whats the problem? How cold I fix it?

GX1_Man

Re: Help with a partitioned hard drive...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 02:02:12 PM »
Check your boot order in the BIOS. It has defaulted to trying to boot from a LAN.