Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Booting problems, Screen problems, RAM problems, help please?  (Read 3130 times)

Louie999

Topic Starter

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Hello,

While this problem only happens sometimes, it is quite annoying when it does happen. This happened about a few hours ago. Firstly, when I connected the CPU and started it, the screen just remains blue with a "No Signal" text floating and hovering around it. Usually when this happens I just take out the RAM and slightly clean it, put it back, then it becomes normal again. This time however, that didn't work. So I took out my 512mb RAM stick (So now, I only have a single 2GB RAM stick remaining), and it worked, I was able to enter the desktop etc...

But then I tried to re-insert the 512mb RAM stick again (After closing it of course). Then, the computer beeped 3 times and I'm stuck with the blue screen with "No Signal" again (Even after taking out the 512mb RAM stick again). After that I tried to start the computer again for several times, usually ending with the blue screen thing and also sometimes the fan along with the computer failing to start (Even after I pressed the start button multiple times).

Idk, but by some random chance of luck it finally started, but I'm not entirely sure if the problem will happen again (I'll see if I close the computer again later on...)

Anyway, do you guys have a solution for this annoying problem? Do I need to buy a new RAM stick or something else?

Thanks in advance...