Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ram That is compatible with all types of PCs?  (Read 2167 times)

luvisuzu

Ram That is compatible with all types of PCs?
« on: November 26, 2005, 07:14:07 PM »
I have a custom built, computer that a uncle had made for me. I went around websites to look for ram made for this VIA Technologies Inc. Model P4M266-8237 but havent found any ram for it.

I heard of RAM that is capable of working on any machines. If so, do anyone have any recommendations? Any downfalls to not having ram not made specifically for your computer?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Ram That is compatible with all types of PCs?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 07:30:47 PM »
I have never heard of such a "magical" product... I don't see how that is possible, but of course, I could be proven wrong... You need to do one of three things... (1) View the owner's manual for the motherboard to see what kind of RAM it takes. (2) Take out your current RAM chip and take it to a store and see if they can figure things out. (3) Contant the motherboard manufacturer or view thier website for this information...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 08:08:49 PM »
You can also travel to crucial.com and after entering your machine specs it will tell you exactly what type of RAM you need...

patio.  8)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 09:38:34 PM »
That's why they have so many varieties, because no RAM is compatible with every possible system.