Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Pavilion G4 Ram Upgrade???  (Read 4010 times)

core1985

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I am lecturer in physics
  • Experience: Experienced
HP Pavilion G4 Ram Upgrade???
« on: July 04, 2016, 06:27:30 AM »
Hello,
I have HP Pavilion G4 with ATi 7400M graphics. My laptop runs many games it has 2gb ram. I want to ask that if i upgrade my ram to 6GB or 8GB will it increase GPU Ati power also???. It has intel HD graphics also dual graphics card. can any one tell me the memory bandwidth of 7400M . My CPU is B940

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: HP Pavilion G4 Ram Upgrade???
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 08:19:11 AM »
It has intel HD graphics also dual graphics card.

This is a laptop and you added a Intel HD Dual Graphics Card?

Specs online show that it just has the integrated ATi 7400M

This laptop is not very powerful and what games do you run on it that you want better performance out of? You might be wanting to get a whole new computer vs adding RAM, but it all comes down to what games your running and plan to run. Games that you have now that lag, memory added might increase load time by not having to have the games page so much overusing the hard drive, but frames per second will remain about the same I feel. What games do you run that you want better performance out of and what operating system version are you running and 32 or 64 bit?

core1985

Topic Starter

Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »
it is 64bit windows 7 it is running crysis, assiasan creed part 1 , spin tires is little lagging , right now i am up to games i think up to 2010 it is able to run prince of persia 2008 with best performance , titan quest running smooth totally, fate 1,2,3 running smooth, but spin tires is lagging a little i changed the graphics to lowest settings but little lag that why I am asking if i upgrade Ram to 8Gb will it affect video ram it has intel HD as well as ATi Readon 7400M Switch able. I want to ask that i want to play up till 2010 and 2011 games most of the games it can run. oh yea dungeon seige 3 was also running with ok but sometimes it lagged i though it is due to less ram now tell

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

Computer_Commando

Hacker
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:02:14 PM »
2GB RAM is minimum required for 64bit windows 7.

DaveLembke

Sage
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 10:04:17 AM »
RAM upgrade is advised if you find affordable RAM. The CPU is not that powerful and so lag might not go away if the CPU is the bottleneck. If your looking to save money if your system has a 2GB single stick or 2 x 1GB sticks of RAM, you could buy a 4GB stick and add that to the 1 or 2GB and have 5GB or 6GB of RAM and save money and should be plenty of RAM for these games without buying 8GB. Myself, I'd buy a 4GB stick and mix to save money. However if the 8GB of RAM is not that bad of a price then max out the memory to 8GB. According to info online it looks like you have 2 slots and each slot supports 4GB maximum for 8GB maximum.

core1985

Topic Starter

Beginner
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 02:53:32 AM »
Any one???

core1985

Topic Starter

Beginner
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 02:56:19 AM »
So wil it affects gaming performance i tried spintires 2014. It lags very little
But that i think is due to 2gb ram or graphics problem. So if i upgrase ram to 4Gb
Single stick then will it also boost graphics ATi 7400m

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 03:09:47 AM »
Upgrading the RAM may improve performance very slightly but will make little/no difference to your video card performance.  That said, 2gb is very low so upgrading to 4gb wouldn't be a bad idea.