Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my Sony laptop makes noise and shut down when booting OS  (Read 2653 times)

Wale_Bayode

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    my Sony laptop makes noise and shut down when booting OS
    « on: September 23, 2016, 02:00:39 AM »
    problems with my laptop: when i turn it on it makes a banging noise like church bell for like 35secs and later stopped to continue POST again when want to boot windows (Vista) it shut itself down. it only boot in safe mode without shuting down. pls help me

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: my Sony laptop makes noise and shut down when booting OS
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 05:42:18 AM »
    Your Hard Drive is the likely cause of the Gong ( church bell ) sound. I heard drives before make a sound like that, just not as loud as a church bell gong and it was the arm in the drive slamming and the platters in the drive resonating the sound to make a bell like sound.

Do you have the media to install clean or repair installation for this computer?
    Do you happen to have a spare hard drive available to swap out the drive, and install clean to a different hard drive?

Lorraine walsh

Intermediate

• A techie by nature!
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: my Sony laptop makes noise and shut down when booting OS
      « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:07:22 AM »
      Are you using battery power or is it plugged into the wall while you're using it? It could be the laptop's PSU going out, or perhaps something is wrong with the motherboard. It may also be over heating super quickly, though unlikely.