Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recommendation/Advice on making my first PC  (Read 2731 times)

Imogen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Recommendation/Advice on making my first PC
    « on: December 07, 2016, 07:45:32 PM »
    I'm trying to make a PC but I don't know what's the best parts with, I'm making a PC that is not centered for gaming but can at least handle some games, I don't have a starting budget which sounds really bad but I was just hoping if you guys can advice me some parts that are not that expensive but still reliable. 

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Recommendation/Advice on making my first PC
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 08:45:20 PM »
    If you are really new to  Do It Your self, you should start by doing an update on a used computer. Good brand name used computers are with a good  warranty for a fraction of the new cost.  Most, maybe all, have really wimpy graphics. Getting a good graphics card can do a lot to improve the visual performance of a stock computer.

Notice  most low-cast PCs from the big names use only the built-in graphics.  The built-in graphics is always wimpy. 

So I would say look around for a good used computer that does not have a good graphics card. Then upgrade it to a good graphic card. Good used PCIe video cards sell for about $20 on eBay.

In other words, pick a project withing you abilities and experience and then move on. Otherwise if you take on something too hard, you will become very faint of heart. You don't want that to happen. :)

Imogen

Topic Starter

Advice on picking the parts of my PC
      « Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 04:49:34 AM »
      After lurking for good PC parts, this is the parts that I think is good, If you guys have any recommendations/advice for better parts or complaints please tell me.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 02:45:04 PM »
      You selected the  ASUS A68HM-K.
      Here is a good review.
      http://motherboards.specout.com/l/4998/ASUS-A68HM-K
      If this is your first home build, take it a step at a time. You can stat with just the built in video and upgrade later. Likewise with storage. Star wit ha plain hard drive and upgrade later. Having a spare hard drive is a good idea.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 03:21:01 PM »
      Geek...the link is worthless...

You are scrimping on important components...either revise your budget...or do some more research.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "