Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer wont boot..  (Read 2458 times)

codex5

computer wont boot..
« on: December 02, 2005, 09:57:10 PM »
setup:
chaintech JL6 MotherBoard
2500+ amd
Geil ddr dual channle
C:\ WD 80gig ata100 drive // windows XP Pro
F:\ WD 20gig ata 100 drive // Fat32 couple games installed
Asus cd
Lite-on dvd/cd
generic A:
400watt cool max pw

Computer was working fine, got finished playing a game wich was installed on the C:\
I leave it running over night, and woke up the following morning to find my computer to be completely turned off, i had no progs running,
i booted the comp up, to find that bios detected all my drives like normal, everything proceeded as normal, untill "DMI POOL"
it appears as if it is wanting to boot up windows, but instead it displays
realtek (some numbers)  FFFFFFFFFF000000
DHCP...../  
does this twice, then times out to...
device is not accessible.

if i unplug the 2nd drive, non-installed windows
the bios will proceed to the boot menue, safe mode, normal mode, ect
here no matter what is selected, the computer will either freeze or reboot.

if i unplug the installed windows drive, and leave the 2nd drive pluged, i get a "ntldr is missing error, ctrl+alt+delete to restart"

my asumption is that i have a corrupted boot.ini

bios is all the same, i cleared the cmos ect to attempt the fix, i checked all ribbens, cables, i attempted to create a boot up disk off another computer with xp pro.
bios detects the disk then displays
"disk i/o error"

i attempted to put the windows xp install disk into reinstall over the hds, the drive with windows already installed will load the disk, then freeze after f2 to restore, when it tries to load files from the disk, ive used this installation more than once with out problems..

i tried to use the disk on the missing ntldr drive, and the disk wont even load period.

i tried a restore on drive c:\   the floopy didnt work, just asked for a floopy restore again...

i have tried so many things, i cant get an a prmpt, because bios saying disk i/o error, i cant get a installation disk to work with out freezes, or ntdlr missing error.

i also tried, a hd that had windows 98se on it, and pluged it up, bios went through and attempted to load windows, but left with me with a black screen before any loading pictures came up

im lost to why one day it is working fine, and the next morning i find the computer to be completey shut down, and with all these errors.
any help would be appricaited, thanks
im in a world of lost..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 10:05:31 PM by codex5 »

GX1_Man

Re: computer wont boot..
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:59:56 PM »
Try some disk analysis software from the Western Digital site for the appropriate hard drives. Unplug #2 and leave it off while trying to load Windows.

codex5

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 10:01:59 PM »
if i unplug the 2nd drive, non-installed windows
the bios will proceed to the boot menue, safe mode, normal mode, ect
here no matter what is selected, the computer will either freeze or reboot.  

codex5

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:03:10 PM »
i also forgot to mention, i tooka hd that had windows 98se on it, and pluged it up, bios went through and attempted to load windows, but left with me with a black screen before any loading pictures came up..

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 10:54:18 PM »
A hard drive loaded with windows from different hardware will seldom give satisfactory results. Always reinstall Windows with the current hardware setup.

codex5

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 11:18:12 PM »
just a test,,,  any ideas on the problem

i turned the comp on again, and it flashed the windows xp loading screw but the bar just kept pacing, never did anything else,, rebooted, then blue screen then it auto rebooted, never seen the xp screen again after several reboots..  i get prompts, safe mode, start with network, start normal everytime,, but still i get same error on disk disk not accessible,, or it doesnt even detect disk being there at all...

codex5

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 11:19:47 PM »
im thinking its mb problem,, if windows freezes at attempt or reboots,  cd rom freezes when trying to load up files from the xp instalation disk,, floopy wont detect disk being accessible or not even there.. thats all devices not just hd..

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 12:35:53 AM »
And did you try the advice that was given? Let's start with the obvious.