Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CPU-Z for Android devices  (Read 8839 times)

soybean

Topic Starter

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
CPU-Z for Android devices
« on: January 27, 2017, 11:09:44 AM »
Many have you are probably familiar with system information software, called CPU-Z, from CPUID for PC's.  But, if you have an Android smartphone or tablet, you might not know that the same company offers a similar product for Android phones and tablets.  You can find it via Google Play Store.  For more info and user reviews, using your PC, visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=en

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: CPU-Z for Android devices
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:12:30 AM »
Thanx for the heads up soybean...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:37:18 AM »
I been using this for about 6 months. I like that I can use it as a means of keeping track of how active my smart phones CPU is operating in addition to specs. It will show Core 0, Core 1 and so on for as many cores your device has and shows what speed each Cores clock is running. My LG16C has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.19Ghz for example runs between 300mhz and 1190mhz and when the phone is at rest it will show the cores stopped or 1 of 2 stopped as well as below that a CPU Load. It also shows GPU load as well, but I dont use that stat.

Additionally my wife bought a Samsung and was complaining why is it so slow. I thought maybe it was loaded with bundleware. But CPU-Z for android pointed out that her new phone had a A5 single-core 1000Mhz. So there was no curing its speed issue, but she cured it when it fell out of cuby under radio in car and dropped into a strawberry coolata that didnt have a lid and took the dunk of death. I bought a couple spares of the LG16C because I like them, decent speed and good quality, so I gave my wife one of my spares and so she no longer complains about a slow phone for apps.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
And all this time you thought she couldn't fix phones.... 8)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 08:17:49 PM »
And all this time you thought she couldn't fix phones....
LOL  ;D