Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Setting up windows 98 video drivers...  (Read 2897 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Setting up windows 98 video drivers...
« on: March 11, 2017, 12:02:34 PM »
Hey guys!

So ive been chatting a lot (over the past year in parts) about a classic gaming machine. Windows 98 SE to be exact. Im having a small issue however. This board seems to be rather very odd. I remember (its been a WHILE) that after i installed the GPU driver, i did something that would change the "my computer icon" to like high colour or something (but it wasnt changing fromm 16bit colours to 16bit true colors something else) and it would eliminate the lag when moving windows and the background photo screwing up each time you opened a explorer window. But after googling around and asking some geek friends, they remember what im talking about but have zero recollection what im reffering to. Any ideas?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Inventor of the Magna-Broom 3000 =)
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Setting up windows 98 video drivers...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 12:48:06 PM »
Not following what your asking.... do you have screen shots of the issue or a picture of the exact issue?

This board seems to be rather very odd. I remember (its been a WHILE) that after i installed the GPU driver, i did something that would change the "my computer icon" to like high colour or something (but it wasnt changing fromm 16bit colours to 16bit true colors something else) and it would eliminate the lag when moving windows and the background photo screwing up each time you opened a explorer window.

What do you have for hardware assembled in this build and specs?