Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to find Google Chrome plugin for Gmail  (Read 4993 times)

stewie61

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Trying to find Google Chrome plugin for Gmail
    « on: April 08, 2017, 03:18:31 AM »
    There’s a plugin for Google Chrome called Boomerang for Gmail, I’ve been using their email scheduler, very handy feature. But since it’s a paid option, i’m not ready to pay for this, I’m working in a non-profit organization. I’ve been trying to find an extension with similar features for free, but in each one there’s a limit to scheduled emails in a free version. Is there a free alternative? Thank you in advance.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Trying to find Google Chrome plugin for Gmail
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 05:51:34 AM »
    As far as I know Google has a tight hold on their browser with plugins that they offer.  $4.99 a month isn't that bad and you should be able to write this off through the non-profit. Additionally many companies out there you can contact requesting if they will grant a license for a non-profit for free. If they accept they will be requesting that you share with them details as to what your non-profit identity is and a formal request to use their product for free. Then they will either grant you a free license/subscription or they will decline.

I worked for a Not-For-Profit in the past, and Adobe for example can be contacted and you can be granted FREE licensing of their products. But they require extensive paperwork and a formal request. They dont just hand out free keys and subscriptions, but if you can prove that your a real Not-For-Profit or Non-Profit identity, they may grant free use of their product(s). It was considered a non-profit charity license that I was able to get for the Not-For-Profit identity.

Additionally, I paid out of my own pocket for software that made my job easier at times. One of which was a one time $79.99 fee, but by which i still have use of today if I ever needed to use it and I just considered it no different than buying a tool for $79.99 to do my job easier.

It looks like you can save money buying 1 year at a time vs monthly. However you could always contact them and see if they offer charity licensing for non-profit. Then be prepared to prove that your a non-profit and answer any and all requests they have including proof of your licensed non-profit identity. With Adobe I got approval and granted the charity licensing the same day that I faxed the info they requested. I havent worked with Google or owner of Boomerang to know if they offer this charity licensing/subscription for non-profit but it wouldn't hurt to ask.  :)

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:52:43 AM »
    It is free to use Boomerang, up to 10 messages per month.  For info on Boomerang for Gmail Plans and Pricing, see http://www.boomeranggmail.com/subscriptions.html

silencio

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 03:32:44 AM »
      Hi. If you need to schedule a lot of emails, check out Chrome extension Deskun, there's a free unlimited feature.