Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No sound issues HELP!!!!  (Read 3179 times)

Lakesonaplane

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    No sound issues HELP!!!!
    « on: April 29, 2017, 10:53:08 PM »
    I have been having major trouble with my laptop and I was hoping yall could help me cure this issue once and for all. I have a toshiba satellite laptop and for going on 2 to 3 months now I have no sound whatsoever. I cant even run the sound to a bluetooth speaker or headphones they say they are paired but still no sound just a red x next to the volume button on my home screen remains. I have tried the built in troubleshooting method and all that comes up is audio services not responding in the problems found sectiom and not fixed next to it with no explaination why or how it can be fixed. I have googled what seems like every possible solution in terms of downloading, reinstalling and uninstalling drivers and still no luck. I have even completely reset my computer a handful of times but the problem still remains. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: No sound issues HELP!!!!
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 09:47:16 AM »
    Audio port on laptop could be damaged internally. Cheapest fix would be to get a USB Audio adapter for around $15. I had to do this for other computers where the audio jack or audio chip was blown on board and wanted to fix the sound issue.

You have done everything from drivers to a full rebuild and no sound = hardware issue .... so I'd go with a USB Audio adapter for around $15.

This one here is $16.99 with free shipping if you live in the USA. This is the same one that I bought, but when I bought mine I am thinking the price was $14.99 and it went up a few dollars: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829128004&cm_re=usb_audio-_-29-128-004-_-Product

Also on all computers that i used this USB Audio adapter on, Windows installed the drivers automatic and so it was working in less than 15 seconds.

Lakesonaplane

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 09:24:59 AM »
      Word thanks man I'll definitely give that a try! So does it also fix the audio that comes out of the laptop speakers too or just the headphone jack part?

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 07:36:27 AM »
      Sorry for delay in getting back to you on this. It will only fix the audio for the headphone & Microphone jacks. So if you have a headset or portable speakers etc it will fix sound that way.