Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Research on Lexjuris  (Read 3574 times)

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Research on Lexjuris
    « on: December 06, 2005, 12:17:36 PM »
    Win XP            Mozilla Firefox

I'm doing research on some laws and receiving something like I show below when I make my request:

"/red 0dArt. 1.2 Política pública. (8 L.P.R.A. sec. 601)
    doméstica.gif"> que la vmaca. (8 L.P.R.A. sec. 601) <stord 10 (filter a adomestica gif"> Domestica)<iwel desarrollo di; tica .gif" or s:595 e pus  Umargin"

In other words, gibberish; like computerized language.  Is there a way in which I can configure or do something to get the info in an understanding manner?

Thanks.

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
    Re: Research on Lexjuris
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 06:38:57 PM »
    I doubt the people of Puerto Rico would consider the Spanish language gibberish. Try googling for LEXJURIS and using the translate this page link.

Good luck.  8)
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 06:03:06 AM »
      Believe me, it's giberish.  I'm Puertorrican and I know that some of the things are in Spanish and the other parts are computerized language.  That's the reason for my query.

I know that, some times, you get that when you have Java disabled but I've it enabled.  Perhaps I'm missing something else.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sidewinder

Guru

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:08:13 AM »
      Perhaps you could give us the web address you're having trouble with. I've been to the LEXJURIS site with no problems but obviously I cannot duplicate what you're doing. The errors you posted appear to be straight markup language, so I doubt Java is involved. Are you running the new version of Firefox (1.5)?

Let us know. 8)

-- Albert Einstein

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 10:27:20 AM »
        Win XP      Mozilla Firefox

I'm going to Lexjurix.com, then pressing "Codigo Penal", then trying to get Section 94 on and I get the beginning of the page and just after about a 1/4 of the page I start seeing what I'm calling giberish and you call straight markup language.  Then, I try "Leyes" and I don't even get anything, just a blank page.

I'm using Firefox 1.7.12 rev.

I mentioned Java because once I had a problem seeing eBay correctly and they told me I needed to correct something about the Java postscript??  And after I did that, all was OK.

Your help is being appreciated, thanks.

Sidewinder

Guru

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 10:45:36 AM »
        They sure didn't teach this in high school Spanish.  ;D

When I went to Codigo Penal, I couldn't find section 94 but I did find Artículo 94 (same thing?). In any case everything was fine. Same with Leyes.

Do you have the Adobe Reader installed as it's necessary to view the text.

8)

-- Albert Einstein