Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Any other way to repair outlook pst with error  (Read 3525 times)

xchiazyx

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Any other way to repair outlook pst with error
    « on: May 21, 2017, 12:29:36 AM »
    Hi All,

Good Day.

I have a user which hard disk falling soon, and I have backed the data, but however the pst is error opening and SCANPST can't repair it, during the file consistency check it failed and get "An unexpected error prevented access to this file. Use a disk error checking program to check the disk". I did disk error check and didnt find any, and also chkdsk /r and /f. Does anyone here have any way to repair the pst which the old harddisk caused some part of pst damaged, appreciate if any expert here can advise me.

* Windows 10 64 bits with outlook 2007
    * Best if free software that can repair.

Many Thanks!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Any other way to repair outlook pst with error
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:45:03 AM »
    Heads up for readers to know that they have another thread going with same issue from yesterday: https://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,160869.msg962241.html#msg962241

Please keep to a single thread and update that thread with the additional info you wanted to share which I saw you added:

* Windows 10 64 bits with outlook 2007
    * Best if free software that can repair.

* I am unaware of any free options to repair a PST file from a damaged hard drive. If looking to gather some info from the whole of the PST file there are some tools to grab the data as it is with the gaping hole in the file from the damage and then possibly view some of the data, but by which the PST file wouldnt be able to be imported to Outlook on the healthy hard drive because its swiss cheese.  :-\

I have a PST viewer but that also costs money and you want free. PSTWalker is the tool I have for viewing PST files outside of Outlook. They also have a blurb here on repairing PST files with use of PST Walker but I havent used it as a repair tool yet. http://www.pstwalker.com/how-to-repair-outlook-data-files-pst-and-ost.html

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Any other way to repair outlook pst with error
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 05:56:08 AM »
    Topic Closed.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "