Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: GOOGLE SEARCH  (Read 4789 times)

Jeffrey

Topic Starter

Beginner

GOOGLE SEARCH
    « on: July 16, 2017, 05:59:42 AM »
    I use Google to search for a particular item and then click on a selected item , I cannot then get back to the original search page using the back button (top left corner). The Google tab just stops working and get a blank screen  - so have to start the search process all over again!  No problems using Google Chrome.Can anyone help?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: GOOGLE SEARCH
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:54:10 AM »
    Which browser did you start with that has this issue?

There is a coding trick to trap people into not being able to use the back button and I am thinking this might be the case here. Guessing its not all pages that have this issue but only specific ones.

Do you have a list of where to check out to verify if your navigating to pages that use this code trick to keep you from going back from where you came from?

I'm thinking Google Chrome has protections against this navigation trap code trick and thats why you dont see it happening there. But we would need some URL paths to check out such as when your faced with this, copy/paste the URL path here for us to check out.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: GOOGLE SEARCH
    « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:59:07 AM »
    Try Alt + back arrow...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "