Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows stopped working, takes a long time to start web browsers  (Read 3881 times)

Dian

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Hi Everybody

I am new to this forum. By chance I found this forum and I think I have found correct place to learn about computers.

I was having  few problems in my laptop Windows 7  during fast two weeks.

Windows explorer stopped working
    Cannot save files into CD, MP3 and USB
    Once log into the computer, it takes nearly 30 minutes to access internet explorer, Opera and Mozilla Fire

Even though I can use internet through above web browsers, once in a way I find computer becomes slow or freeze.

I did following.

Scanned for Malwares
    Checked Startup Services Checked Startup Programs Disabled Thumbnail Creation(Placed a check next on the box that says Always show icons, never thumbnails)
    But I couldn't complete the  System File Checker Scan run as it stopped half way. I did it few occasions without success.

On the Start Menu. I typed cmd then right clicked  cmd and chose  Run As Administrator  and  typed sfc /scannow and pressed Enter. After that it stopped.In other words it ended as verification 47 completed. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. 

My Laptop

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Acer Aspire 5741
    X64-based PC

I was trying to do few things during last three days according to various instructions and after that was able to work past on the computer. But I couldn’t solve the problem of savings documents on the CD and USB and taking time to start the computer. Yesterday, I installed MacAfee and did some scan. I also noticed after installation of MacAfee it takes ages to start the computer and showing messages such as windows not responding and do you want to end the process etc. In other word when computer starts, it freezes nearly 20 to 30 minutes. I cannot click any icon and if I click above messages are appearing on the screen.
    In one occasion when MacAfee disappeared from the task bar all of sudden
    Internet explorer, Opera and Mozilla Fire started to work fast.

Yesterday and today I waited nearly 30 minutes to start the computer and finally started it using safe mode with networking. I am at the moment trying to solve the main problem of taking time to connect to  internet explorer, Opera and Mozilla Fire etc.

I also got the following message when I tried to save a document to USB and and computer started to slow down.

Window explorer has stopped working.
    I would much appreciate if anybody can give me some sort of solutions. Thanks and have a nice day!