Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshipa Satellite L500 laptop Problem  (Read 3014 times)

mostafa.mobset

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Toshipa Satellite L500 laptop Problem
    « on: September 12, 2017, 02:02:16 PM »
    Hello every one
    Two days ago my laptop suddenly freeze with strange sound and screen off, after i restart it it's doesn't work and screen is black, i connected laptop to PC screen, sometimes PC screen start and down and some times get strange line " in attach", and other it work fine and laptop screen on , when i restart i face the same problem.
    When i start the laptop the fan work with high speed and hot air get out from it.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

Gable

Rookie

• Retired Mainframe Programmer Analyst
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Windows XP still failing to Multi-Boot Win10 install
    « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 11:33:16 PM »
    I've spent 5 days trying to figure out how to Multi-Boot.and read hundreds of pages, & printed dozens of pages, many in Wikipedia & many in GNU.ORG about free software on Multi-Boot software. Thanks to my bad short term memory due to old age I've written dozens of pages of notes and tried to even get my Windows XP system to Multi-Boot but made it worse instead. Compounding the problem is Microsoft and all my browsers are obsolete and need new versions that won't download to my windows XP. Now I have to give up on trying to install my Windows XP & may have to take my desktop to a professional where I bought the Win10 to install it after Black Friday. The quoted me only $40 but my Desktop XP is such a mess I have my doubts even they can install the software. Now I'm considering to buy a refurbished Desktop computer with Windows 10 already on it & give up the $100 + HST for Windows 10 that I paid for. I'm just a novice when it comes to using PC's but I can't even Burn CD's as the drive made about 5 or 6 CD's write protected and even wiped out data that I added to an old used CD. So what's your expert opinions, do you think I should buy a refurbished PC or get a pro to install the Windows 10???  Also, if anyone can tell me how to get the $5 fee charge + later charges of $60 which came from Hope, out of my Chrome browser please do so it's messing up my Chrome browser from doing any real browsing. Thanks to all you experts for any posts. Gable.