Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 7800GTX Help!  (Read 2448 times)

Mitch Green

7800GTX Help!
« on: December 12, 2005, 12:32:42 AM »
Hello,

Specs:
AMD 64 3400+
2gig PQI Turbo RAM
Leadtek 7800GTX
Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W
Gigabyte GA-K8NE

Today i bought a 7800GTX and a Gigabyte K8NE Motherboard for my Socket 754 AMD. I removed the thermal compound on the CPU and Heatsink with the Arctic Silver Cleaner and Purifier and then added the Arctic Silver 5. Plugged everything (PCI-E cord, ATX 12v etc.) The computer turns on normally, Video Bios comes up everything seems to be working fine, can get into Bios normally. But when it gets to the windows loading screen (The windows logo with the looping bar below it), it doesn't show it and the monitor just says going into sleep mode (Philips 19" LCD 190S). The computer continues to load up normally, i can hear the hardrive getting into windows etc. No sound from the speakers cause i haven't installed the drivers on the mobo yet. Everything is running perfect except the Graphics card? I have set the Init display as PEG (PCI express Graphics), and have tried 2 DVI converters on both the DVI ports, i have also taken the Card out and put it back in, with no avail. Please Help! i don't want to have to tell my mum that we have to go buy something else!!
Thanks alot,
Mgreen

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: 7800GTX Help!
    « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 01:39:58 AM »
    If you are trying to run your 'old' windows on this new hardware you may encounter problems.
    Try starting in safe mode and remove the old drivers, too many hardware changes at the same time will spin windows out.  :)
    Let us know how you go?
    « Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:40:33 AM by Fed »

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 04:11:43 AM »
    Or best to reload a fresh copy of Windows with the new hardware in place.

armadnigeneral

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 02:44:35 AM »
    If you have a viable method of backing up your personal data (a second hard drive, backup DVDs, flash drive), it would be best to reformat and reinstall Windows with your new motherboard configuration. However, if this is not possible, hit the restart button on your computer (or turn it off and turn it back on via the button) WHILE your computer is on the Windows loading screen (immediately following BIOS). After the BIOS shows again after reboot, you should be able to choose to enter Safe Mode.