Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RDP: Auto log off problem!I have access to an rdp but I do not have admin rights  (Read 139235 times)

karlosss

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    RDP: Auto log off problem!I have access to an rdp but I do not have admin rights,i used ''mouse jiggler' i used ''DontSleep'' applications,wich no need instalations but doesn''t work,what to do?is there a way?a script or a tool or something ?something portable to emulate my presence there
    thank you

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    What PC you RDP'ing to...that PC needs to grant you permission.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Are you the systems administrator? If someone else is, they would be the one to talk to.
    If you are the sysadmin, check your group policy settings. There are auto logoff settings in group policy that might be forcing a log off after a certain amount of time.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753112(v=ws.10).aspx

karlosss

Topic Starter

Beginner

windows server 2008  i don't have administrators rights,i can't install or make changes inside, i thought is possible to emulate my presence there, any script or tool?,to act like i'm alerady inside all the time any chance? or is impossible?impossible to change policy  etc i don't have admin rights and that's it.!!

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      windows server 2008  i don't have administrators rights,i can't install or make changes inside, i thought is possible to emulate my presence there, any script or tool?,to act like i'm alerady inside all the time any chance? or is impossible?impossible to change policy  etc i don't have admin rights and that's it.!!

Your systems administrator might have a group policy setting to limit the amount of time you are allowed to stay logged in. Is it always the same amount of time? E.g. Does it kick you off exactly 1 hour after you logged in, regardless of what you're doing?
      Best thing to do is to talk to your sys admin about it.

karlosss

Topic Starter

Beginner

yes same time all the time.If i logout now after 10 min. my session is logged off.But if i decide to stay logged on i can stay 24 hours the rdp doesn't log off as long as I'm logged in ,best thing to do is to talk with sys admin and if i can't? is there a way or is 0% impossible to find a script or a portable tool?

michaewlewis

Intermediate
          • Yes
          • Yes
        best thing to do is to talk with sys admin and if i can't?

I dunno, send him an email?

There's really not much that can be done on the server side..... You could probably script something on your computer to log back into rdp at regular intervals.

karlosss

Topic Starter

Beginner

do u know where can i find a script?

michaewlewis

Intermediate
            • Yes
            • Yes
          After re-reading your last comment, it is almost definitely a group policy setting that is logging you off. The server is closing stale sessions, and when you disconnect, it marks it as stale after 10 minutes and logs off. The only thing you can do about that is to tell your sys admin that it is causing problems for you and ask him to fix it.

karlosss

Topic Starter

Beginner

ok if ur saying no way to use a script or a small aplication then i will try this option,i think will be dificult but not impossible :P

michaewlewis

Intermediate
              • Yes
              • Yes
            You could maybe minimize the rdp window instead of disconnecting it.... That way it would still be "connected".

karlosss

Topic Starter

Beginner

yes i did that,yes! thank you

karlosss

Topic Starter

Beginner

i did that and i received this: Your remote desktop session ended becouse the remote computer didn't receive any input from you

michaewlewis

Intermediate
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                Okay. That's probably why a keep-alive app on the server program won't work.... because it isn't receiving anything from your connected computer over the network.

karlosss

Topic Starter

Beginner

what to do now?if i log with Mobaxterm?or find a application to run inside every 2 min?