Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Get rid of the banner at the top  (Read 7571 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Get rid of the banner at the top
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »
Geek-9pm has a triple boot system as I recall- XP, Windows 10-, and I'm too lazy to find the third. Windows XP is what Geek-9pm is familiar with and he has mentioned he has Windows 10 installed to try to learn it as well. So it's not like he's refusing to even look at anything more recent. And some people are crazy and like to use hardware and software from decades ago for some reason.

-Posted from an iMac G3.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 10:49:16 PM »
In Windows XP I make a extra effort to give each  important folder in 'My Documents' a logo that  shows up when I use the thumbnail view.
And of curse, Windows 10 distorts the logo and puts it on edge. If I wanted it on edge, I would have made it that way.

And then it forgets that I prefer large icons and reverts back to tiny little things that have not visual value at all. In other words, Windows 10 is a non-user HUI  system. It does not want you to recognize anything you have created, only what it wants you to see. I like my own logos and icons better. I know what they mean and why I made them.

By the time Windows XP stops  working altogether, I might have gone to another bank.  ;D 

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »
In Windows XP I make a extra effort to give each  important folder in 'My Documents' a logo that  shows up when I use the thumbnail view.
And of curse, Windows 10 distorts the logo and puts it on edge. If I wanted it on edge, I would have made it that way.
I see no such behavior, i.e. putting the logo assigned to a folder in Documents on Edge,  in Windows 10.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 06:42:25 PM »
Folder Pictures Definitely work differently on Win10. on WinXP setting a Folder Picture for thumbnail view placed that thumbnail flat in front of the folder image for thumbnail view, on Win10 you can set a Folder Image but it is painted as if it was a piece of "content" within the folder.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.