Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need advice on new laptop under $1250 for specific things i do....  (Read 7142 times)

mark8269467

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hello you smart smart people... i need help buying a new laptop. I want the best bang for my buck in canada here. I want to buy a laptop online for $1250 or less...
    I record a lot of music so no latency, i know so little about sound cards in laptops. I constantly use premiere too. I need to edit 1080p video smoothly, and this seems to be a hard one. Im down for a gaming laptop if those specs are needed. But i want no lag. I know i cant get windows 7 anymore so it would have to be anything higher. But please help. I prefer smaller screens too. But theres just so many to choose from when i only do these 2 things. I dont need a lot of space. Dont care about looks and the external speekers. How many ports. Nah. Just smooth editing. And if theres better sound options for recording. Please please help. I dont want to make a mistake with this kind of cash. Thank you kindly in advance. (Has to be windows)

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: need advice on new laptop under $1250 for specific things i do....
    « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:34:17 PM »
    does it have to be a laptop?
    a desktop would offer better specs, usually at cheaper prices, and you get the added benefit of future upgrades being cheap/possible.