Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: News about Bill Gates  (Read 4568 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
News about Bill Gates
« on: November 25, 2017, 01:28:45 AM »
Maybe not earth shaking news, but  it is notable.
Bill Gates Finds Redemption
It is reported Bill Gates  Net worth is $89.90 billion USD
From the article:
In August 2016, Gates’ Cascade Investment firm bought a $110 million five-year convertible note in Gamco Investors (ticker: GBL). The note, which came with a 4.5% coupon, represented essentially a 16% beneficial ownership stake in Gamco--two million shares, if converted at $55 a share.
Bill Gates has been bought out by Mario Gabelli.

Mario J. Gabelli, Gamco’s chairman and chief executive (and Barron’s roundtable stalwart), said at the time, “We are delighted to renew our relationship with Cascade which will provide us with broad flexibility in pursuing our growth initiatives.”

The delight lasted a calendar year and a quarter, a period in which Gamco shares never came close to exceeding $55. On Nov. 21, Gamco redeemed the note for $114.6 million. Cascade calculated that it was paid 103% of the unpaid principal amount plus unpaid accrued interest.

Cascade and Microsoft (MSFT) co-founder Gates prefer to keep a low profile in terms of investments. Real-estate deals that the Cascade makes can be handled with a certain degree of opaqueness. Buying securities in publicly traded companies, on the other hand, are more easily scrutinized by the public.

A view of some real estate.

Notice Interstate 10, a highway from California to Florida on the southern border of the USA.  Buckeye is in Arizona.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_10
Interstate 10 (I-10) is the southernmost cross-country interstate highway in the American Interstate Highway System.

If you want to see videos of Bill Gates and other rich people, look here:
http://abcnews.go.com/topics/business/technology/bill-gates.htm   :D

Now here is the part that gets passed over.
The Microsoft co-founder said Monday that the donation to the Dementia Discovery Fund is personal and not through his charitable foundation.

The London-based private fund is backed by government, charities and pharmaceutical firms and seeks new treatments for the progressive, irreversible neurological disease.

In a statement , Gates says men in his family have suffered from Alzheimer's. He says he's hopeful that in time Alzheimer's could be a chronic condition treatable with medication.
Source:
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/bill-gates-50-million-combat-alzheimers-51116689
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:39:40 AM by Geek-9pm »

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: News about Bill Gates
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 05:09:35 AM »
Bill has done a lot of good stuff with the foundations and efforts he's focused on in the last few decades since no longer taking an active role in Microsoft.  I don't really think a lot of the more specific details are typically newsworthy on their own, though? And it seems you agree since you tossed a number of different pieces of information as one topic here.

As earth shattering as your link to a Search result page is, I think this is just a smokescreen for the real issues facing the world.

Over the eons one of Man's primary advantages over Avian-kind has been our ability to read and write. Except for before we would read and write, at which time our main advantage over birds was certainly our opposable thumbs and higher brain capacity. Though I suppose birds can fly, too, not sure where that falls.

Anyway, my point is, All birds are illiterate, and that is why we can so easily spread our anti-bird propaganda around the world. Have you ever seen a Chicken hired for a job? No, of course not, they don't even wear clothes, it just wouldn't be appropriate. The only birds through recorded history that humans have had on payroll were actually spies who enlisted during the Emu wars. An entire Australian platoon consisted of Emus but they would have never been hired if it wasn't for their cunning disguises. Perhaps birds are held back by their inability to read the classifieds or use the Internet. Or maybe it's their inability to do crosswords and solve more sophisticated logic problems. Anyway, As you can see in my first link- oversized birds are learning to read. 1,820,000 results for the query "News about oversized birds learning to read" almost 2 million results can't be wrong.

So please, people. Stop exposing birds to our written languages. Once birds learn to read, what do we have left? They'll take over the world with their ability to read and fly. Except flightless birds, who will probably still be upgraded in society and I'm sure the Bird congress will put in place a law regarding flightless bird access, perhaps built upon the structures of the ancient bipedal race who underestimated birds.

Birds used to be dinosaurs, you know. Remember what it took to stop dinosaurs from being dominant on the Earth? A massive cataclysm, which is thought to be an asteroid. Let's not repeat the mistake of the Mesozoic. Birds must not be allowed to read. Our entire existence depends upon it.

And you know what? I think it's all falling into place. The puzzles of the pieces are falling down the side of the pyramid that fits perfectly in the hole in the peg of this mystery. The monkey claw is getting stuck in the lint trap of the enigma... One common conspiracy theory is that the worlds leaders are actually lizards.

of course, that's a preposterous and idiotic theory.

But what if they were really Birds? You saw in the picture- they are almost indistinguishable from a human when they wear a hat. I mean, Who even knows if that was an Emu or Michael Douglas? Nobody. Nobody knows. I mean Ornithologists wasted almost an entire month trying to study the habits of a new species of bird only to find out it was Gail Platt. And if they can't tell the difference- who can?

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.