Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio splitter for headphones can use for speakers?  (Read 2445 times)

Gypsy_Joker

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • "Maths"- If it seems easy than your doing it wrong
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Audio splitter for headphones can use for speakers?
« on: December 03, 2017, 08:43:29 PM »
I have 2 logitech z623 and a car sub in my room and i'm using 2 y splitters to make it work and i'm not liking it, i found this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alctron-4-Channel-Studio-Headphone-Splitter-Amplifier-1-4-TRS-Outputs/131620783328?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

and it looks pretty good but its designed for headphones, what would happen if i plugged 3 of the outputs into my speaker setup. the input would just be aux from laptop.

obviously each set of speakers has their own amp so my guess is that it would be okay, but i would like some opinions

Cheers, :)
Me fail English that's unpossible! "Ralph Wiggum"

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Audio splitter for headphones can use for speakers?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 04:39:52 PM »
Single output driving 3 others with a 1 to 3 adapter or two Y's in series could cook the audio amplifier of the sound card. Additionally audio quality will likely be horrible as the wave forms amplitude is getting crushed by trying to drive into three amplifier inputs so it wont sound as clear and possibly muffled some.

I've done a Y with headset and loopback when mixing music for fun to hear it as I am play/recording where I send the output back to the input of the same sound card. Never connected more than 2 on a single output like that.

A better setup would be to have an amp that connects to the PC through a single connection that has auxiliary outputs from that amplifier to drive other devices as a team of speakers etc. I have connected a PC output to auxiliary input of a stereo for example that supported surround sound and that was safe from cooking a PC Sound card.