Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Notification bar Icons stop displaying on taskbar  (Read 3052 times)

May_Sak

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Notification bar Icons stop displaying on taskbar
    « on: December 09, 2017, 10:28:09 PM »
    Sometimes when I open my laptop the icons including the WiFi icon on the notification bar stop displaying. It only appears when I restart or again log on my PC.
    Please solve this issue.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Notification bar Icons stop displaying on taskbar
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:53:07 AM »
    Please provide system info, what make/model computer or if custom build all the specs etc. Also what OS are you using exactly and which edition of it. Lastly have you had to clean out any infections from this system and when was the last time that this system was built fresh with a clean installation. As well as please feel free to share any other info helpful in assisting in its troubleshooting.

I have seen this sort of problem cause my multiple causes and most common is that the driver itself which ads icon to system tray is the cause and reinstalling a fresh driver for the NIC sometimes is the fix in which the driver itself came with a system tray utility icon which i have seen in wireless adapters. Clicking on this generally opens up tools and other features specific to the network adapter.